Luckily I have the JetBlue American Express card, so it’s normally easy to get free flights or I don’t mind paying to get extra bonuses. Miami Beach is closer to Miami International Airport, but sometimes the flights are significantly cheaper through Fort Lauderdale Airport (about 40 minutes away) that it’s worth a little inconvenience.
South Beach is known for their hotels. Amazing pools, hotels and a bevy of new “art hotels” have made Miami Beach a hot destination, almost as hot as it used to be in the 1950s and 1960s.
- Blue Collar, 6730 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami
- Josh’s Deli, 9517 Harding Avenue, Surfside
- Books & Books, 927 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach
- Zak the Baker, 405 NW 26th Street, Wynwood
- Tap Tap, 819 5th Street, Miami Beach
- Prime 112, 112 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach
- Pubbelly Sushi, 1424 20th Street, Miami Beach
- Andiamo, 5600 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami
- Makoto, 9700 Collins Ave, Bal Harbour
- Matador Room, 2901 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach
- Joe’s Stone Crab, 11 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach
- Scarpetta, 4441 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach
- La Sandwicherie, 229 14th Street, Miami Beach
- Alter, 223 NW 23rd Street, Miami
- The Freehand, 2727 Indian Creek, Miami Beach
- Bardot, 3456 North Miami Avenue, Miami
- Wood Tavern, 2531 NW 2nd Avenue, Wynwood
- Soho House, 4385 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach
- Wynwood Diner, 2601 NW 2nd Avenue, Wynwood
- Hyde Beach, 1701 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach
- FDR at Delano, 1685 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach
Before Miami Beach became one of the most famous beaches in the world, it used to be swampland, then back in the 1920’s development began and changed the area for ever, making it an incredibly famous tourist destination.
If you’re a fan of architecture you may be pleased to know you can find over 800 separate Art Deco structures on Miami Beach, which makes it the world’s largest collection of this style of building.
Julia Tuttle, one of the founders of Miami, also known as ‘The Mother Of Miami’ happens to be one of the only women to found a major city in the United States. The world famous City of Miami was founded in July 1896.
We all know that Miami is often the location for a wide variety of films, and some of the most memorable ones filmed in the area are ‘Goldfinger’ ‘There’s something about Mary’ ‘True Lies’ Scarface’ ‘The Birdcage’ and so much more. Movie fans can often be seen visiting well-known spots around the city and the beach itself.